Guess what folks. There have been a lot of educational issues worth fighting for or against even before NCLB and RTTT that HST and CCSS have covered up. Those were the open doors corporate reformers simply walked right through…and now we are paying the price.
1. Curricula development
2. Teacher recruitment… How do you think TFA got a foot in the door if the is wasn’t a problem?
3. Equitable funding…and that includes capital funding
4. Captaining of the ed ship…. to what extent have teacher/communities been able to work as part of policy making in districts and or state levels
5. Integration (ethnic and class)
6. Intrusiveness of APs
7. Terrible student-counselor ratios
8. Lack of wrap around services